Wilson Sons’ history stretches over 180 years and is one of the most traditional companies in Brazil. Its rich heritage of solidity, ethics and business diversity have helped the Company grow into one of the largest integrated maritime, port, and logistics operators in the country. A few of the Company’s milestones are illustrated below:
2017 – Wilson Sons celebrated its 180th anniversary. Container Terminals achieved a record 1,068 million TEU in 2017, a 3.7% increase over 2016.
2016 – Renewal of the TECON Salvador concession until 2050. Acquisition of 6 tugboats from Vale. Start of operations in Santa Clara Terminal (RS).
2015 – Wilson Sons container terminals achieved a record 1,035 million TEU in 2015 with an increase of 6.2% over 2014 with exports, cabotage and transshipment all contributing.
2014 – Commencement of towage operations in the state of Pará, with seven tugs attending the port of Belém, as well as the Vila do Conde terminal in Barcarena and Trombetas in Oriximiná.
2013 – Conclusion of the Guarujá II shipyard increasing the Company’s naval construction capacity from 4,500 tons to 10,000 tons of steel per year. Through the Brasco Logística Offshore Ltda, Wilson Sons concludes the acquisition of the total share capital of Bric Brazilian Intermodal Complex S/A (“Briclog”), base for the support of the offshore oil and gas industry.
2012 – Expansion of Tecon Salvador almost doubling the terminal’s capacity. Wilson Sons celebrates 175 years since the Company foundation and Tecon Rio Grande celebrates 15 years in operation for the Company.
2010 – Acquisition of the remaining 25% of Brasco, bringing Wilson Sons control to 100% of the asset.
2008 – Construction of the Third Birth in Tecon Rio Grande, resulting in Brazil’s largest container terminal in retro-area.
2007 – Wilson Sons becomes a publicly listed company, with shares traded on B3 (ex-BM&FBovespa) in the form of BDRs.
2003 – Offshore operations begin with the launch of first Platform Supply Vessel (PSV) vessel –Albatroz – built by Wilson Sons Shipyards.
2000 – Logistics operations begin with the institution of Wilson Sons Logistics. Acquisition of the Salvador Container Terminal through public auction.
1999 – Foundation of Brasco, an offshore logistics company.
1997 – Port terminal operations begin with the successful bid which privatised the container terminal of Rio Grande – Tecon Rio Grande.
1973 – Acquisition of Guarujá shipyard, initiating shipbuilding activities.
1966 – Acquisition of Camuyrano Serviços Marítimos which doubles the size and importance of the fleet. Saveiros and Camuyrano begin to operate as associated companies.
1964 – Change of Company name from Rio de Janeiro Lighterage Company (subsidiary of WS Co, Ltd) to Companhia de Saveiros do Rio de Janeiro.
1936 – Beginning of towage operations, with the acquisition of Rio de Janeiro Lighterage Company.
1928 – Inauguration of the largest covered warehouse in Latin America, in São Cristóvão (RJ).
1911 – Rio de Janeiro Lighterage Company Limited (John Mackenzie – Trustee) and Wilson Sons & Company Limited sign a merger agreement.
1873 – With solidity and performance marked by the diversification of its business, Wilson Sons is a trading company involved in the most profitable businesses of the time. In addition to the coffee trade, it imports of cotton, wool, linen and silk products.
1869 – Participation in the most ambitious construction projects of the period such as the Brazilian Great Western Railroad (currently part of the Federal Railroad Network).
1837 – With solidity and performance marked by the diversification of its business, Wilson Sons is a trading company involved in the most profitable businesses of the time. In addition to the coffee trade, it imports of cotton, wool, linen and silk products.